Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gardening

Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow,   Oats, peas, beans, and barley grow,
Can you or I or anyone know    How oats, peas, beans,
and barley grow?

The garden is planted, and a number of things are (finally) growing.  
Mostly weeds.  Flourishing actually. No oats or barley however.
The seeds I started early in peat pots rotted. The eggplant and pepper plants I planted early froze. 
Careful planning of planting. Recalculating. Planning of planting. Recalculating. Planting. Done.
Now hope (along with vegetables) springs eternal and it may have been worthwhile after all.
Peas have decided to thrive, and are about to tendril their way up the fencing provided for them. Corn is sprouting but needs a lot more time until it's as high as an elephant's eye.
Zucchini, yellow squash, red beets, yellow beets, broccoli, basil, cilantro, lettuce, green beans, yellow beans, eggplant, potatoes, pumpkins, white pumpkins, swan gourds, cucumbers, dahlias and sunflowers are on their way, although it is a l-o-n-g way to showtime.

Patience. That's what is needed.  Along with rain.  And weeding. Lots of weeding.

According to the song I'm supposed to stamp my foot and clap my hands, turn around and view my lands.  

I like the view.  I hope to like the fruits (or vegetables) of my labor as well.

Can you or I or anyone know   How oats, peas, beans or barley grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment